Tata was one of our first language helpers.
To borrow a phrase from Paul’s letter to the Colossians: To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are scattered around the world: Grace be unto you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. What a blessing to experience God’s grace and peace day by day and know He is in control of all that is going on around us, no matter where we are in this messed up world. What a privilege to serve Him wherever we are.
Our neighbor, Wiki, with one of his many grandchildren.
Thank you so much for praying for us. We have had a great time reconnecting with the believers here and we praise the Lord for allowing us to accomplish our goals! Lance finished all that he had prepared to do and is now working on the book of 1 Samuel. It has been a lot of fun watching the translation assistants’ reaction as they hear a lot of this for the first time in their language.
We have a lot to praise God for and to ask prayer for. Here are some items on our list:
- On the 14th of this month, Higaunon church leaders and their wives along with others involved in church planting will gather from across the region to attend the biannual Higaunon Church seminar. Please pray for safety as they travel and for their time together that it will be an encouraging time around the Word of God.
- Lord willing we will leaving the village on the 23rd of this month. Please pray as we visit friends in this country and then travel to see our daughter and her family. Nicole reports that they are doing well learning the language! (Click here to see their Facebook page.)
- Please pray for Laura’s family on the home-going of her Aunt Olive Morse – affectionately known as “Auntie”. She was more than ready to go be with Jesus! Pray for her husband Jim and their 3 sons. Jennifer, (Lance’s niece married to Laura’s cousin) did a wonderful job taking care of her over the last 7 weeks in their home. Please pray for them during this time of adjustment of not having her around.
- Please continue pray for Lance’s trip to Haiti in July. We praise God for each of you who have given towards his trip. We are confident that God will provide what is lacking. Please write and ask if you are interested in the details.
We praise the Lord for each of you who pray and give towards this ministry. What a privilege it is to be co-laborers together in that which has eternal value; the lives of PEOPLE!
Secure in Christ’s love,
Lance & Laura
Have you heard the account of the birth of the Higaunon church, or maybe you want to hear it again? For those who are interested, click here to listen to a podcast of us telling the story of the Higaunon people’s journey from Fear to Faith.
- Children make their own toys.